About the Opportunity
Job Description About the Opportunity
As Database Engineer you will work closely with the software development team to scale and maintain our fast-growing SaaS production platform. Primarily responsible for architecting, engineering, and building the reliable, scalable, secure, available, and cost-effective database infrastructure solutions for our product development.
- Participate and contribute to the development of product, execution, and achievement of the company’s overall strategy. Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database design and programs.
- Participate in developing dashboards and alerts, to improve our ability to proactively analyze and detect risk impacting stability of the application.
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Performing debugging procedures on database scripts and programs, as well as resolving conflicts.
- Adhering to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data.
- Responsible for tuning and configuring database as well as building tools and scripts to monitor, troubleshoot and automate deployments.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keeping abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering.
- Contribute to major release upgrades, deployment automation, monitoring enhancements and Production changes.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to the product and customer data.
- Assist with wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent advanced degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in development using or relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience in building production-ready applications and systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- In depth knowledge of procedural language for at least one database (PL/SQL, T-SQL etc.).
- Experience managing a highly reliable database platform with focus on security, performance, and scale to meet the requirements of enterprise customers.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Extensive experience in SQL performance tuning.
- Preferred experience of AWS services and hands-on knowledge of hosting on cloud.
- Experience operating software as a service is a plus
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.