About the Opportunity
As Backend Java Engineer you will work closely with the software development, product, and managed services teams to scale and maintain our fast-growing SaaS production platform.
You will be responsible for the ownership of designing and developing backend Java applications and services. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in designing, leading, developing, and innovating together as you bring your software engineering skills to our rapidly growing organization.
- Participate and contribute to the development of product, execution, and achievement of the company’s overall strategy.
- Continuously take a forward-looking view by researching, validating, proposing, and integrating new and existing features of various cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, IBM cloud etc.
- Design and code backend Java applications and services.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure designs are following specifications.
- Analyze business and technical requirements and design solutions that meet those needs.
- Work with Operations Engineers to ensure product is production ready and able to be effectively monitored using automated methods.
- Troubleshoot production issues related to the product and customer data.
- Assist with wide array of additional functions as necessary within rapid growth startup.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent advanced degree.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in development using Java.
- Experience in building production-ready applications and systems.
- Experience in the Spring Boot Framework.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Must have working knowledge of application design and development processes and methodologies.
- Experience with integration of third-party SDKs and APIs.
- Basic SQL skills and familiarity with large-scale analytic platforms and/or relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle etc.
- Preferred experience with cloud computing technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Preferred hands-on working experience with containers and container security.
- Detail-oriented and possess a strong aptitude in development techniques.
- Passion for learning new technical tools and business concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication and data presentation skills, with ability to tailor the communication style to the right audience.