Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Opportunity
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will work closely with the software development, product, and managed services teams to scale and maintain our fast-growing SaaS production platform.
You will be responsible for the ownership of designing and developing monitoring solutions and automations to aid deployments and bug fixes to production environments, conduct capacity planning and provisioning of infrastructure to support our highly available and reliable SaaS solution.
- Monitor Caveonix Production SaaS infrastructure for performance and reliability to maintain 24/7/365 availability.
- Design, build, and maintain deployment pipelines and automation scripts.
- Innovate new ways to improve day-to-day operations, monitoring, and response.
- Work in a CI/CD agile environment with a dedicated team of engineers and technologies including AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Packer, Ansible, Nginx, Java, Postgres, and more.
- Provide Level 2 Technical Support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer related field or equivalent industry experience
- Solid understanding of Linux preferably RHEL
- Solid understanding and experience with scripting languages such as: Python, Bash
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS • Strong experience with SQL and MySQL/Postgres (NoSQL experience is a plus i.e. Redis)
- Must be comfortable with the ability to rapidly assess, analyze and resolve complicated issues
- Experience and understanding of AWS or other cloud services • Solid understanding of the Pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework • Strong problem-solving skills with experience in troubleshooting and system administration on Linux in AWS public cloud • Strong knowledge of writing AWS CloudFormation or Terraform Scripts
- Experience with CI/CD concepts
- Experience with Ansible or other configuration management, and automation tools
- Experience with containerization, preferably Kubernetes
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) incumbent must be able to exchange information with technical and non-technical individuals in a clear and concise manner
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Ability to participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule